Palo Alto Networks PCNSE Exam Questions 2023
- We are offering 845 latest real Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer PCNSE Exam Questions for practice, which will help you to score higher in your exam.
- Aim for above 85% or above in our mock exams before giving the main exam.
- Do review wrong & right answers and thoroughly go through the explanations provided to each question which will help you understand the question.
- Weekly updates: We have a dedicated team updating our question bank on a regular basis, based on the feedback of students on what appeared on the actual exam, as well as through external benchmarking.
Overview PCNSE Exam Questions :
Palo Alto Networks technology is highly integrated and automated. The Palo Alto Networks product portfolio comprises multiple separate technologies working in unison to prevent successful cyberattacks. The Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) demonstrates that engineers can correctly deploy and configure Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls while leveraging the rest of the platform.
Anyone who uses Palo Alto Networks products, including network security engineers, system engineers, systems integrators, and support engineers.
How much does the Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer cost?
The Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer or PCNSE costs $175. There are no prerequisite exams, certifications or courses to take before you attempt the PCNSE, so $175 is the total cost. But remember, the Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer isn’t easy, and there are no refunds for failed tests. So the PCNSE only costs $175 if you can pass it on your first try.
Candidates must have below knowledge when attempting Palo Alto Networks PCNSE Exam Questions
Exam Domain 1 – Plan
- Identify how the Palo Alto Networks products work together to detect and prevent threats
- Given a scenario, identify how to design and implementation of the firewall to meet business requirements that leverage the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform
- Given a scenario, identify how to design and implementation of firewalls in High Availability to meet business requirements that leverage the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform
- Identify the appropriate interface type and configuration for a specified network deployment
- Identify strategies for retaining logs using Distributed Log Collection
- Given a scenario, identify the strategy that should be implemented for Distributed Log Collection
- Identify how to use template stacks for administering Palo Alto Networks firewalls as a scalable solution using Panorama
- Identify how to use device group hierarchy for administering Palo Alto Networks firewalls as a scalable solution using Panorama
- Identify planning considerations unique to deploying Palo Alto Networks firewalls in a public cloud
- Identify planning considerations unique to deploying Palo Alto Networks firewalls in a hybrid cloud
- Identify planning considerations unique to deploying Palo Alto Networks firewalls in a private cloud
- Identify methods for authorization, authentication, and device administration
- Identify the methods of certificate creation on the firewall
- Identify options available in the firewall to support dynamic routing
- Given a scenario, identify ways to mitigate resource exhaustion (because of denial of service) in application servers
- Identify decryption deployment strategies
- Identify the impact of application override on the overall functionality of the firewall
- Identify the methods of UserID redistribution
- Identify VMSeries bootstrap components and their function
Exam Domain 2 – Deploy and Configure
- Identify the application meanings in the Traffic log (incomplete, insufficient data, nonsyn TCP, not applicable, unknown TCP, unknown UDP, and unknown P2P)
- Given a scenario, identify the set of Security Profiles that should be used
- Identify the relationship between URL filtering and credential theft prevention
- Implement and maintain the AppID lifecycle
- Identify how to create security rules to implement AppID without relying on portbased rules
- Identify configurations for distributed Log Collectors
- Identify the required settings and steps necessary to provision and deploy a nextgeneration firewall
- Identify which device of an HA pair is the active partner
- Identify various methods for authentication, authorization, and device administration within PANOS software for connecting to the firewall
- Identify how to configure and maintain certificates to support firewall features
- Identify the features that support IPv6
- Identify how to configure a virtual router
- Given a scenario, identify how to configure an interface as a DHCP relay agent
- Identify the configuration settings for sitetosite VPN
- Identify the configuration settings for GlobalProtect
- Identify how to configure features of NAT policy rules
- Given a configuration example including DNAT, identify how to configure security rules
- Identify how to configure decryption
- Given a scenario, identify an application override configuration and use case
- Identify how to configure VMSeries firewalls for deployment
- Identify how to configure firewalls to use tags and filtered log forwarding for integration with network automation
Exam Domain 3 – Operate
- Identify considerations for configuring external log forwarding
- Interpret log files, reports, and graphs to determine traffic and threat trends
- Identify scenarios in which there is a benefit from using custom signatures
- Given a scenario, identify the process to update a Palo Alto Networks system to the latest version of the software
- Identify how configuration management operations are used to ensure desired operational state of stability and continuity
- Identify the settings related to critical HA functions (link monitoring; path monitoring; HA1, HA2, and HA3 functionality; HA backup links; and differences between A/A and A/P)
- Identify the sources of information that pertain to HA functionality
- Identify how to configure the firewall to integrate with AutoFocus and verify its functionality
- Identify the impact of deploying dynamic updates
- Identify the relationship between Panorama and devices as pertaining to dynamic updates versions and policy implementation and/or HA peers
Exam Domain 4 – Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Identify system and traffic issues using the web interface and CLI tools
- Given a session output, identify the configuration requirements used to perform a packet capture
- Given a scenario, identify how to troubleshoot and configure interface components
- Identify how to troubleshoot SSL decryption failures
- Identify issues with the certificate chain of trust
- Given a scenario, identify how to troubleshoot traffic routing issues
- Given a scenario, identify how to troubleshoot a bootstrap install process
Exam Domain 5 – Core Concepts
- Identify the correct order of the policy evaluation based on the packet flow architecture
- Given an attack scenario, identify the appropriate Palo Alto Networks threat prevention component to prevent or mitigate the attack
- Identify methods for identifying users
- Identify the fundamental functions residing on the management plane and data plane of a Palo Alto Networks firewall
- Given a scenario, determine how to control bandwidth use on a per-application basis
- Identify the fundamental functions and concepts of WildFire
- Identify the purpose of and use case for MFA and the Authentication policy
- Identify the dependencies for implementing MFA
- Given a scenario, identify how to forward traffic
- Given a scenario, identify how to configure policies and related objects
- Identify the methods for automating the configuration of a firewall
Check out other Palo Alto Certifications here : https://skillcertpro.com/product-category/palo-alto/
Know more about the exam here : https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/education/palo-alto-networks-certified-network-security-engineer
Andy Wilson –
These practice exams are challenging enough to let you take the real exam without too much worries. Some questions are actually more difficult that the actual exam!
I recommend doing one practice exam per day max, and reading through all the explanations (even if you got the question right)
Zuhayr Ansari –
Passed and compared these prep exams to other providers, skillcertpro offering was the best in quality and price point.
All questions were on the mark compared to the real exam and helped me to be prepared.
Clovis Bonheur –
I just passed the exam! It wasn’t easy but I can say that this course helped me a lot, from this course I learned many new things and it is basically the same difficulty level you should expect to see in the actual exam. If you are taking these mock exams and you are passing with 90 or more I would say that It is highly probable that you should pass it.